Monday, February 7, 2022

ANOTHER PIECES OF THE PUZZLE ? SEE PREVIOUS 2

 

“Freedom is never granted; it is won. 

Justice is never given; it is exacted.”

(fREEDOM E union AIMS & OBJECTIVES ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5sFE8nBgSc


watching the "classic film" Casablanca ..as I see around me now prime examples,as they buirn nature and construct more & more ...local & global, that show me how the modern sheeple allowed fascist dictatorships to take control ....on or offl line..

the apathy of the average . who has his/her mobile phone/tv/waSh machine /car & cOMFORTS  doesnt care if adolf/satan himself runs their society as long as they are "comfortable"

the Slovakian owner of property who "didnt noitice " that I had suffered a damp bedroom, 10 days of bronchitis, ..just reminds me that my parents would laugh at the "coroNATION PLANdemic" ..they survived the blitz,,,as the majority hide from a heavy flu bug....and accept extreme controls of movement & contact amongst the public... 

Me ? well they taught me well. and as I left Isis ...in my early 20s I wasnt goign to be "dictated to"..either

so I walked away, confident that I would find another position ... a football colleague told me of a sales exec job available at his office... so I borrowed the neighbours car and went and got the job (also in London) ..but a truck forced me off the road (by accident) on the return and i smashed through a lampost writing that care off, (the 2nd in a couple of weeks, ,,,having written of the new Isis car on holiday) 

The neighbours took it well, it was the truckers fault, so they could claim a new car... so i went on the road for the "Int express" ..but after only a week their general manager didnt like that I called him "Jim" (Petch?) //...so I told him what he could do with the job///... and went to work for Calberson..

They wanted someone to develop new wine services from Burgundy/bordeauX regions.. being a Paris based logistics operation (the largest in Europe) i found favour due to a social contact from France who made soe compliments about me.. and I was quickly accumulating a lot of new shipping orders fro them...

then after  almost a year , i got a personal call from "Roy Sims" of Essel Shipping, who invited me to visit their offices in London ( a lot of the the new orders I was acquiring was at the expense of Essel, but I was enjoying my time, doing my "own thing" at Calberson.. developing new services & succeding.. ) 

However, I was curious and as Roy & his co-director owners entertained me in their boardroom, i simply enjoyed the experience ..then.. I asked "ok why am I here ?"  Roy then said "we want you to be commercial manager for us! ..what do you want...?" 

I was happy at Calberson, i had a virtual free hand, i had my flat with my girlfriend Gaye in Abbey Wood, close to central London,, a decent salary & expenses paid... company car etc.. so i thought to myself "Ok I will ask for something too expensive for Essel!" )  ....so I told them i wanted DOUBLE my salary ... Roy said "ok" in reply //straight away, and "what else"  ??

There was a new sporty Ghia car on the market , so I said "this car too" ///....  Roy replied, "well thats better than Mike our general manager has, but... ok!" ,,, now I was confused , so I went back to tell John Hopkins my immediate director (boss) at Calberson, and he said he would ask the group chairman..  after a week or so. they came bak & said  "ok we match the money, but not the car!"

I wasnt looking to leave Calberson, but something in me said " IF essel hadnt head-hunted , whenwould they have paid you the worth?" ..so I went to Essel. and soon realised that they simply "bought" me , to stop me being a rival. I was bored with little responsibiity, but I nooticed Mike (Seabrook) was struggling, so I took him to lunch and explaine dhow he shuld supervise the staff... and it worked like a machine...

I had some fun. going out to long lunches at the best restaurants in London, I was already an honourary Fellow of the Institute of Directors,, (Pall Mall) ,,and invited to many wine trade/social events.. played football whenever i could or went  to watch Liverpool Fc ...life was easy , then another french company (Pan European transport) offered me a position as UK managing director, , with nmore salary, commission, 5 year contract (By this time i was with Jacqui, and we even went to look at a big house in Poole , part of the deal..

so I told Mike....


 PLEASE support cser5.blogspot.com as its the only "surviving LOG" not yet bombed out of existence by the USAcorp Sharks  & their local jackals & goons,,(previous ; cser5.blogspot.com/2022/01/chris-walking-away-to-here.html )


Must watch Video if you care about ANYTHING other than yourselves????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hKebKwuzPI

( Compilation of Videos for RESISTANCE ) join Channel "ChRiS (Dix)" 


join REbEL-LIONS  

via groups linked to mewe.com/i/chrissmith1059 

or email;  fumission@ursun.net / ngo@mypod-net.org


ChRiS log at cser5.blogspot.com

opinions & much more at MONtv! ; montv-chrislog.blogspot.com/


a visual window(? more like a porthole/or that little spyhole the Nazties use to check on their prisoners?)

about 7 of 1000 experiences ;)  https://youtu.be/hPATgPF_uHI just a few pieces of a thousand puzzles?


_____________________more pieces of the puzzle?


Monday; back...    the first time i have left my bed/couch and I return to find ther bathroom lighting failed, need a ladder (which this place doesnt have) to change the light bulb... wash/shower by candle power...


in the previous (first?) no, I have wriiten much in the past its just scattered through so many different logs & websites ... as usual I am writing for me as my children dont even know where I am, they dont know me, ...who does...?


its an element also or reaction of my life choices always "action man" & on the move (more difficultto hit a moving target)

(music on the radio GOOD ? lessons in Love , Level 42 ) 


in the previous (!) .. piece of my puzzle  (whowhat am i?) 


i wrote about now and some reflections back to my yeenage years,,,


as I moved into my twenties.. after the shock of GG leaving with the kids )"bored because i worked too much_) ...i had a chat with Allen (Isis bozz) and told him I was gooing to channel my energies into my career..this wasnt for his sake I was telling my self  ....the hurt of losing the kids from my life   (more than the bitch GG)  was typical of my style..  


and although footy was becomoing more difficult to play with my work commitments ( i was in the office every saturday, with no extran pay, my choice) ....I still have the Canvey Team, and they were great .. then I hooked up with Gaye her sister Julie was goign out with Mike Wood ( an ex schoolfriend  ...) // 


I was confident of my abiliites and HUNGRY for resonsibilities... Peter King was commercial manager , but soon I over took him and also managed the accounts,tarifs & shipping progs/....at 22/23 I knew more about isis shipppping ltd than the 2 mananging bosses (John Finch & Allen) Mitchell   ...


The footy lads rallied round , Dave moved in to share the house,, it was 4 Bedrrom. I borrowed on e of the lads lawnmower as the grass had grown.. which led to my temp nigh name ( I was team caopt still)   /// " Captain Lawnmower@ (Hornblower from the naval character_ )


We (the squad & fans)  went boating holiday to the broads with 2 boats and I unwound with Gate a very supportive partner ...i was also good for her..as she was a shy lass... 


then another "office drama" gave me a NEW life lesson./////

 

I wentinto the office (Barking Essex) early on a saturday as usual ( i like the quiet, and a chances to clear up & get on top of anything that I had not been able during the week..


But the open plan gneraloffice had all the chairs on the desks and the cleaners were polishing the floor,///


about 6 or so of us were fuming , wasted saturday, and the bosses didnt bother to mention it/// , we sat in the side room drinking our tea/cofffe and of course more moans came out... 


afterabout an Hour  I asked "ok so what are we ging to do@  (well we knew John & Allen were gainst "Unions" ..

.. so Paulm Glenn & I agreed that we would simply LIST things that we felt should be improved and see them at 08h monday morning... tomeet in the corredor between the gen offie/and their Directors room at 07/45hr


but , I was always early... so I am in the office about 07 h  and around 07,30/07.45 sauntering arounf the corredor...

when Allen comes walking through... we were on first name terms... he asked... "ChRiS why are you hanging around here , something wrong?" ...


I was fulllof adrenalin ... "ready for battle"   

waiting for paul & Glenn...   "WE NEED TO SEE YOU"  i blurted out... he half smiled,  "ChriS?  i see no "WE" i oonly see you, do you want a cup of tea? ",,, the directors room had ts own kitchen...  


So I was in the Lions den , alone...and just started my "presentation" when JOHN, the least friendly of the 2 came walking in, not too pleased that i was drinking Tea in thriroffice, it seemed... " somethign triggered  my attack"  so I just let them both have it... " I wasted my saturday ...and , this , and that is wrong ..and "...  //... after about 5 minutes of non stop agression (i dont think i swore but the tone was enough!) 


Although I was good at my job, & confident, I thought maybe i had gone too far,   they shut the door..  (no paul Glenn nor  anyone else ..its was now about 08h..) ..."Well. ChRiS  you are obviously upset, and we  dont liek Unions BUT we do need some comunicationn with staff... @ would you like to be that person?"  //


MY confidence grew... "wow. hold on, I am not going to be your yes-man and convey just what you want, what about what I/we want?  wjat authority do I have to negociaite??" 

John said " thats fair, we will accept certain flexibility on your part as lomg as you can continue to act easonable...


S o, at 23 I was "staff association orgabiser/negociator"   AND THIS EXPERIENCE TAUGHT ME SO MUCH ABOUT THE BOSS MENTALITY AND THE HERD...!!


(one armed bandit?)

bye bye new company car & Isis!


_________________220201 


another fecking storm in the night me running out ofbed to see where my terrace stuff has gone... the wind had again lifted the heavy plstic table across and trying to lift it over the neighbours wall...


so lets sing ( "to the tune somewhere over the rainbow"


"somewhere over the neighbour:s, my clothes fly..

shirts , pullies & sock , where & why...

the table goes for walkies acrross the tiles

and the small ashtrays i cant see for miles"

                  &

it must be funny for "OTT God" to see me naked

chasing around the place..

in the dark, with an angry face..

somewhere over the mountains OTT God must smile"


---------------------


why do i call him/her/it "OTT god"  because it overloads on punishment... if i do something small wrong...i get an OTT (over the top") drama to deal with..

Today its NO lighting in the bathroom... well luckily i know my own face & body quite well by now...candlelight...will have to suffice

yesterday it was the eletric fan finally giving out, but I dont recall making any mistakes, or ding much wrong, maybe just shouting obseneties at the world was enought to get a "OTT god" yellow card!??


on reflection I perhaps did SO much wrong with my career dominated success (and left behind the people I should have cared MORE for, Jacqui & my parents, Adam ?) that all these "dramas" of THIS life are retribution of "OTT god" from that life???


so... back to Isis shipping (oh if i had known the name would be so significant decades later..Isis!) ... I was King, there was a small group of 20 something middle managers , although I was discrete in my corporate / staff association leadership, even george Collier, gen manager ( who i related to the colonel in M A S H) didnt seem to have my command...


Jeff (hairy( Graham (sarcastic) Paul (Naive assistant to George) and myself would abandon our posts most friday mid-day and go off the the big music/stripper club on the other side of Barking, several pints and about 3 hoours later, George would again moan.. but we were all good managers,,,we never left anything hangign for him to do. ../he just felt he should say "something" ..


i had been there a while (years) and taken over from \Peter King..they gave me a brand new company car...so , the next summer decided to take Gaye to Bretagne / then down to Bordeaux to meet Daniele Duniau's family and holiday in that region too... but..


on the first day, viisiting L'Haridon transport mananger (a Scot; Alan, we had a good lunch ..after went for a drive in the countryside of Brittany, there had been some light rain,, snd the car slid as i took a curve ,onto the grass verge & flipped & rolled  ...and eneded up a twisted wreck...steam from the engime made it seem like smoke... and then i noticed something weird,,,


our 2 PASSPORTS had been on the top of  dashboard,,, were STANDING UP SIDE BY SIDE IN THE MUD, for a moment i just imagined a film camera panning to the scene,,, luckily...

neither of us was hurt, the uk jst recently had brought in obligatory seat belts and Gaye just a scratch on her chest and I....nothing...


I foudn a phone box |(no mobiles then) called Alan who replied "leave it with me , i know the local police") ...so that was it I thought end of holiday, we had a lot of stuff in the car & i wasnt looking forward to carrying it all back to St Malo..and home.. but we were invited to dinner at big Boss L haridon s villa that night...and he was great ...he asked his wife if she minded sharing her car with him for a few days and threw me his new Citroen CX 2000 (?) keys and said "njoy Bordeaux" ..


WE did ..with family Duniau & the pyranees,,but Allen of Isis wasnt so happy with me... I called in to tell him that there would need to be an insurance claim and the location of the garage in Brittany were the car was ...he was angry, I was cocky, and responded " BUT WE are Ok Allen!"  ..


the first day back at Isis , I went to him, and asked about personal transport , "you can share the old van, when its free"  .. i had a major role in that company..and i said, please Allen, I require a new car, its insurance and I need a personal car, he implied I had to wait, so I SAID " ok i AM Gone"  AND LEFT iSIS ..SILLY REALLY , a clash of Ego, unusual with Allen who was usually calm and clear & friendly to me... I KNEW I WAS THEIR BEST EMPLOYEE!  ...but young& arrogant ...!


220202


fresh , but sunny morning.. had a few dreams in the night...

made me think about Jacqui...


I was often in London for mettings and wine trade functions etc... often collecting GF Gaye from her office  and sometimes before taking her back to my (our) home in nearby abbey wood , would be invited for a quick gladdd in their boardroom with her boss (a virtual alchoholic)


.....Jacqui was Gaye's BF ...she was attractive , but there were also older attracive ladies working at their insurance brokers,, (Jill? also caught my eye ) i got to know most of the staff ( inc Mke Hunt ;) ////.... so I got invited to their next Xmas party..i t was almost 5 years since i had divorced and Gaye and i were good together... easy loving friendship..no complaints.. she even came to watch me play footy in the rain!


So, Jacqui & her FIANCE had been to our apartment for  a party, we had socialized a bit together... he was a bit LOUD , cockney/// ... but seeemed ok///... but I saw he was drunk at their firms xmas party,,,he was mouthing off at the rich (the venue was an expensive west-end location with dining & live band for dancing... I agreed with much he said but was it a good time to come out with it at their xmas party? hmmm //...  anyway i calmed him down & took him into their restaurant garden to cool down...


When I came back into the room. ..I saw Jacqui was nearly in tears, and some good dance music came on, so I grabbed her hand  and almost   pulledher onto the dance area and tried to cheer  her up ... then half way through the music slowed and i felt "protective" taking her in  my arms for a slow dance... and then it HIT me ... I looked into her eyes and smiled she smiled and I fell....into her....WOW! like magic!


So, i sat her back down fairly quickly , and sat at the opposite end of the dining table , i think talking to someone...but thinking "  NO NO NO thats Jacqui, our girlfiriend's best friend...and she is engaged and I am happy !!! " """ ..... so the evening passed ///...and i did my best to "file it away" ...


A couple of months later there was a general train strike..

WE all had to come in from the suburbs , Gaye had been at her parents and couldnt get in one day ... i had driven in to the city... Gaye called me at the office " I couldnt get there, BUT Jacqui travelled in from her parents , but cant get home, COULD YOU help take her home" ???  what could I say ..

and I was getting measles!  ... 


Because of the traffic it took about 3 hours to get to her parents and inside I AM FALLING for her all over again as we sat all that time together in the car,,, Jacqui didnt react, but it felt too easy being with her...  (as I am screaming in my head "NO No NO , you cant do this!"


Then///  


(after the drama I shall detail)

in 1979 we started S & S and one of my first business trips was to visit the Container transporting/shipping company of Seawheel at Ipswich... to negciate our annual contract as they were gpoing to be transporting a lot of the Italian wines ////.... 


There  was still some train strikes. resulting in many of the main roads in & out of & around the London/essex area being congested/// so , after a GOOD productive meeting for my own company I didnt want to sit in a traffic jam, I took a country road back from the suffolk/essex region.. and then it was if my car had its own mind... i was listening to my music tape on the car sterio, some soul music i think... and there was the sign for Wickford , where Jacqui was staying with her  parents (before getting married to her BF!) ...


I just drove straight to that house, not sure if she  was there (no cell phones) ... and knocked tentativelyon the front door... her mum (Joan) came to the door... she knew me because Jacqui & Gaye were BEST friends! ...asked in a suspiscious tone " and what DO YOU want@ ?  "  ///  i just about managed to reply " could i speak with Jacqui????" 

(she WAS there!) ///.... 


Jacqui came to the door with the same question... " I LOVE YOU!" i blurted out....


She invited me in...we talked a lot, and she had guessed my feeling and also felt something.. but was due to get married.. which she cancelled, one of the hardest things to do was then to tell Gaye, who I loved , but i was DEEP INLOVE with Jacqui... we were married 4th October 1980..

and Gaye stayed friends... eventually/////..


////... next ( Isis to  INT express to Essel to//// S & S!!!)


_________________________  

No comments:

Post a Comment